Khamis, 10 Julai 2008

'Tired' Hleb ready for exit

Arsenal playmaker Alexander Hleb is looking to a future away from the 'chaotic way of life' in London.

Hleb is expected to secure his transfer to Barcelona in the coming days after the Primera Division giants reportedly agreed a fee with Arsenal.

The Belarusian midfielder has made 73 Premier League starts since he signed for The Gunners from Stuttgart in 2005 for a fee of £11.2million.

The 27-year-old has recently grown unsettled at Emirates Stadium and, with a switch to Barca on the horizon, he is confident he is making the right decision in leaving Arsenal.

"I am not happy with my life in Britain, to be honest," Hleb said in an interview in Russia.

Mind made up

"Elements of day-to-day life may prevent me in future from playing a full part with my team here.

"I can't get used to the chaotic way of life in London, where everyone is racing around 24 hours a day. It is uncomfortable and I'm mentally tired.

"I feel I can't keep squeezing enough out of myself to satisfy a team like Arsenal. As a professional I honestly told [manager Arsene] Wenger that at our two recent meetings.

"I was seeking his advice on whether I should leave. I also made no secret that some leading European clubs were interested in me. Wenger wasn't happy about that.

"Serious negotiations are under way now. I have made up my mind."

Tiada ulasan: