Ahad, 6 Julai 2008

Martins tempted by Gunners

Obafemi Martins claims it would be 'nice' to play for Arsenal, but will not push for a move away from Newcastle United.

Arsenal have been linked with a swoop for the Nigerian striker, who joined Newcastle in a £10million deal from Internazionale two years ago.

At the end of last season, Magpies boss Kevin Keegan warned clubs off making bids for his star players and said he had not received an approach from Arsenal.

Reports continue to claim the Gunners will bid for Martins and the 23-year-old would be tempted by the chance to head to Emirates Stadium.

Thrilled

"Arsenal is a big club that everyone wants to play for. I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team," Martins told The Sun.

"But, now that I am a Newcastle player, there is nothing much to say. If it is true, both clubs would have to reach an agreement.

"Is Arsenal a good club? Yes. Would I love to play there? Probably, if Newcastle are ready to listen to them. But if Newcastle says no then it'll be no.

"Because I still have a contract, I expect the club to speak to me when I get back. I am not saying I want to go but, if anything happens, that's football."

Tiada ulasan: