Selasa, 8 Julai 2008

Hleb blast at Gunners

Alexander Hleb has blamed a difference of opinion with manager Arsene Wenger as his reason for wanting to leave Arsenal and has hit out at team-mate Cesc Fabregas.

The midfielder is eager to secure a transfer to Barcelona as he looks set to join Mathieu Flamini, who has moved to Milan, in heading out of Emirates Stadium.

Hleb is expected to report for pre-season training with the Gunners on Thursday but, with Wenger lining up a perfect replacement in the shape of Samir Nasri, the Belarus international's future appears to lie elsewhere.

The 27-year-old says he spoke with Wenger last season on separate occasions about his desire to leave and now claims that he needs to move on following a fall-out with his boss.
Upset

"My view of football and Wenger's didn't coincide at all," Hleb said in the Daily Mirror.

"I raised the subject of leaving with Wenger twice before the end of the season.

"It's not easy for me to leave and I think he was upset about it.

"But you should ask him. It may turn out that he's happy about it."

Negotiations

Hleb has also criticised midfield colleague Cesc Fabregas and has accused the Spaniard of being 'selfish'.

"With scoring opportunities he (Fabregas) is more selfish than I am. Given the chance to shoot he always goes for it - unlike me," Hleb added.

"I don't know where I will play next season. It's being negotiated with two clubs and will be decided soon.

"I would prefer to move to Barcelona."

Tiada ulasan: