Selasa, 8 Julai 2008

Hoyte to fight for place

Justin Hoyte plans to fight for a first-team spot at Arsenal next season, rather than look for a move.

The young full-back is still striving to establish himself in Arsene Wenger's plans at Emirates Stadium.

He made 15 appearances for the Gunners in all competitions last season, but started only two games in the Premier League.

With Bacary Sagna the first-choice right-back, Hoyte's opportunities in the coming campaign could again be limited.

However, the 23-year-old wants to be given the chance to repay Wenger's faith in his ability.

"There are rumours every day, but I am contracted to Arsenal," said Hoyte in the News of the World.

"The boss has said great things about me, has good plans for me and I need to show him what I'm capable of."

Tiada ulasan: