Barcelona and Milan are battling to persuade the Gunners to cash in on Adebayor, with a fee in excess of £30million mooted for the Togo striker.

Milan have confirmed the former Monaco forward is their top target, but have acknowledged the difficulty in tempting Arsenal to sell.

Morabito, who is among the agents working on the deal for the Italian giants, appears optimistic that Adebayor will move to the San Siro.

However, Morabito claims Arsenal will not sanction the transfer until Arsene Wenger has brought in a replacement.

Optimistic

Liverpool striker Crouch is among Wenger's targets, according to Morabito, along with Blackburn Rovers' Roque Santa Cruz and Stuttgart frontman Mario Gomez.

"Arsenal are looking for Adebayor's replacement," Morabito told Italian TV show Studio Sport.

"The names being talked about are Peter Crouch, Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz and Germany forward Mario Gomez.

"Until that search is over, the negotiations won't reach the final stage, but I am fairly optimistic.

"What are the chances of Adebayor joining Milan? At this stage, we are at 70 per cent to 80 per cent."

Calm

Arsenal boss Wenger, though, is remaining calm about possible player departures, with Alexander Hleb also being strongly linked with a move away from Emirates Stadium.

Wenger said in The Independent: "I know a lot has been written about us, but I am very calm. Why? Because I don't know why I should be nervous.

"It's like when you take a penalty, if you are nervous it doesn't help. I will approach it with my usual calm.

"My biggest challenge is to make sure I have a competitive team next year no matter who it is."