Adebayor gave conflicting messages over his Emirates Stadium future on Friday after he initially stated he will remain in North London before conceding that he has yet to make a definitive decision.

Serie A giants Milan, who will play in the Uefa Cup next season, have made no secret of their interest in the Togo international and will be eagerly anticipating the expected announcement on his future next week.

The Gunners will be desperate to hold onto Adebayor after he struck an impressive 30 goals last season, but the former Monaco forward feels an exit would not necessarily be detrimental to the club, who paid £7million for his services in 2006.

Dream

"I had a dream of playing for Arsenal, and Arsenal are one of the loveliest clubs in the world," he said.

"When I go back to Africa it is obvious that a lot of people love the club. But now I have a chance of playing with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"I haven't had a chance to speak to the manager yet. But we will sit down next week and decide what is good for my career.

"We will have to meet with the manager before anything can be decided. But, as you know better than anyone, a lot of teams want me to play for them.

"It will not be a difficult decision. I'm just going to sit down with my agent and with my family and decide what is good for my career.

"If they're going to get 50million for me and they bought me for 10million, everyone is getting the benefits.

Unsure

"They have to make a good decision and I have to make a good decision. I have asked Arsenal to look at it and see what they want.

"I have a promise from the manager Arsene Wenger that they will call me next week. I am waiting for their answer and next week I will decide.

"I need to know before I come back to train on 21st July. At the moment, I am in a position that I don't know where I will play."